Who we are
Our website address is: https://glassquirks.ca.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
By using this web site you agree that your access to and use of this web site and all purchases of merchandise through this web site are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this legal notice and all applicable laws, and that any such access or use is undertaken at the your own risk. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please exit this site immediately. These terms and conditions further are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Any such changes will be reflected on this page of this web site.
This site is created and controlled by Glassquirks.ca. Use of this site will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws and regulations of the province of British Columbia without giving effect to any conflict of law principles. By purchasing merchandise through this site, you agree that the offer and sale of such merchandise takes place in, and will be governed exclusively by the laws of British Columbia without giving effect to any conflict of law principles. You also agree that any legal or equitable claim against glassquirks.ca arising from or related to your use of this site or the purchase of merchandise from this site must be brought in the city, provincial or federal courts located in Canada .
Glassquirks.ca, respects the privacy of its customers. We do not sell, rent, or loan the identities or any other personal and identifiable information regarding its customers to any third party unless legally required to do so. We may share non-personal, summary, or aggregate customer data with partners and other third parties. Any information you give us is held with the utmost care and security, and will not be used in a manner to which you have not consented.
When you purchase merchandise from Glassquirks.ca we will place you on a list to receive e-mail informing you about special offers, new merchandise, and new services. If you do not wish to receive these e-mail updates, please check the appropriate “do not subscribe” box in your account setup.
Glassquirks.ca uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to process your shopping transactions over the Internet by encoding information passing between computers at different locations. Using our secure server means that your credit card number, name, address, and other information is guarded as it travels to our store making it virtually impossible for your information to be stolen or intercepted while being transferred to us.
Although Glassquirks.ca does not direct this site or its services to children, we are sensitive to the special need for protecting the privacy of children. If you are under the age of 16 we request that you use this site under the supervision of your parent or guardian.
1. When you place an order, we will ask you for the following personal information: your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, and your credit card number and its expiration date. This information is requested to verify your identity and to process your purchase.
2. When you register on our site, we will ask you for the following information: your contact information (such as your e-mail address) and demographic information (such as your postal code). We use customer contact information from the registration form to send you information about our company and products if you registered for our mailing list service. If you do not wish to receive these e-mail updates, please check the appropriate “do not subscribe” box in your account setup.
3. When you submit feedback or questions via e-mail, or contact us for information about our website, we will request your name and e-mail address. Your name will automatically be registered as a subscriber to our website.
4. When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
5. We do not share, sell, rent or barter any identifiable personal information to any third party without your permission.
6. Please note that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered a secure means of transmitting credit card numbers.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.